Tuesday, January 13, 2009

VACATION ALONE?

So I am taking a vacation without my husband or child. My friend's parents live in Key West and she mentioned going down to visit them and invited me along again...(i went down with her a few years ago before I was married- we had a blast)So i have decided that I am going to go with her in March to Key West for about 4 or 5 days. I am very excited and yet scared at the same time. This will be the first time that I have not been around Zander for more then 1 1/2 days. He has spent the night at my sister's house - but this time I won't even be in the same state. Gordo is going to take some time off so that he will be home w/ Zander while I am away. I know that Gordo is upset about it- he doesnt want to tell me but i can sense it- he knows that it cost money to do things- like vacation ---and that is something that we dont have to much of right now, but he isnt going to say anything to me because he knows that I really need some sort of break and he always tells me to go with my friends. But he also has been wanting to take a vacation himself- and yet he doesnt know where or when or anything. I have been trying to plan something for us to go on- but it has been tough when you dont know what the other wants. Usually at the end of January him & his buddies all go to Mad River Glen to ski- sometimes they go for a day or 2. I know his 1 friend mentioned something about staying at his place that he has on Gore Mountain for one night in the next few weeks - so they can all drink it up and go skiing for a couple days (boys night!)I hope this happens- it will give him some time away so he can relax-- I would completely understand!
So for now i am only going to worry about my "much needed" vacation. The sad thing is---I am also not ready for the sun- i need to lose about 8 million pounds and I need a tan. I dont even have clothes that will look good on me for the sun---I guess I need to do some of shopping before I go. Well I'm sure that I will be talking about this vacation for the next few postings---so hope you keep following......

No comments: