Saturday, February 7, 2009

Important--- Zander/ MOD & me

So as you know it is that time of year again---March of Dimes fundraising...this year I am pushing it--- since I joined up for FaceBook, I can hit up all the people on my friends list and hopefully get some donations and/or a bunch of new walkers for my team. I want to spread the word... it is very important to me. last I knew- I have a 50% chance of this happening again and having another premature child. So i will keep doing what I can to stop that in everyway. I posted a "note" on FB and tagged a bunch of people, I am hoping that they will all become involved in one way or another. This is the note that was posted:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys, I was just sending you alittle note to ask you if you would like to walk with us in April for the March for Babies. The walk takes place at The Crossings in Colonie on April 26th (it's a Sunday) @ 10 am. they will walk rain or shine. It is for about 3 miles all through the park grounds. they have a huge playground for the kids to play on after the walk and offer refreshment and a small picnic afterwards.

I am recruiting people to join my team Alexzander the Great and help raise funds for the March of Dimes. As you know I have done this for the past few years and i have had a great success at raising funds, but I really would like to also have a great team, (they have been real small). You are all welcomed to come--even those little kiddies of yours and enjoy a morning/ afternoon of fun and sharing the love for the cause.
In the past it has rained and also has been beautiful- so please dress for the weather. It is in the morning so it will probably be somewhat cold - but after a nice walk- it will warm up closer to the afternoon. The walk takes about 1hr 45 min- 2 hrs. I would love to have all the team meet up before hand and say alittle something to you all and maybe get a group picture... i may have some prizes for those who raise the most $$ and stuff like that...have some fun with this.I am also thinking about making up tshirts for the entire team - to show that you are supporting the March for Babies and Team AlexzanderThe Great! Also if the day turns out to be BEAUTIFUL- i would like to have a picnic at my house or something like that to say thank you for all your supports and efforts. these are just some of the things that I am thinking about doing for that day.

If you are at all interested in joining the team or even if you dont want to walk but want to help raise funds, please sign up through my website... or if you would just rather donate you can do that also. Just thought I would put the offer out there to all of you and see what the out come will be. Love you all!
-Hollie
www.marchforbabies.org/h4barrel
or
www.marchforbabies.org/phillygordo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully it gets the message out!


Also, if you have been following my blog- you are now aware that I am having a hard time at home. Life has gotten stressful...you would think that because it all pertains to my son - he'd be the one stressing or having the problem, and that's not the case. He is still the happy lil boy we all know and love---with alot of issues. I, on the other hand have issues. Also... this week we have appointments to check out different preschools that Zander can attend. He can go to these schools and interact with children and get the attention that he needs and have the teachers help him with his speaking and get his OT. I am going to one place on Monday and then Gordo & I are checking out two others on Tuesday. I have called around & researched about 6/7 different preschools and there are only 3 that I am interested in. Not only do I want to find a decent preschool, but I am also looking for them place to have a daycare (incase I decide to go back to a day job---continue reading and you'll see why i brought this up,) and they also have to have live up to certain standards that i want for Zander. Some of the places I contacted couldn't or wouldn't even tell me what they had to completely offer us or even answer all my questions---or they were just straight out rude...& that is why I will not put my son there. If that is how they treat the parent I can just imagine what they could do to the children. Yes, i know that they are well supervised- but it's just the point--what will the actions be if something happened w/ my child---I got the first wrong/ bad impression...so I just wont risk it! But I am hoping that I just fall in love with one of these 3 places and then we can get Zander started soon- he will first start going for just 2 to 3 day, and it will only be a few hours per day...then it can increase to more days (5), up to 4 hrs a day; and if they have a daycare (or they call it "wrap around program")he will be able to go for the entire day. If he wasn't in his class and in the daycare- yet had an issue and needed some help, there will be these people in the building and they will be there for him--this is so what he needs.
Gordo & I are slowly learning about all this stuff- and it is helping. Because we want Zander to "catch up" and do his best we are willing to do anything to help him, but it put alot of stress on us regarding our finacial matters---how can we afford our normal life and everything for him? But right now we are finding out that the State/ County has programs for children and they will offer help. It is not a program that is based on your salary- it is offered to ALL children in NYS. If they are under the age 3 it is under Early Intervention and at the age of 3yrs old the school district that you live in will take over. This helps ALOT for us- it takes a huge burden off our shoulders. That is why wer are looking at stuff this early - he is entitled to it and I think he will enjoy being with other children in a play atmosphere.
Which brings me to the next thing.... I have lost my FT kids that i've been watching. I have been having some problems w/ the oldest- he has an extreme emotional issue and is constantly crying. He is 3 1/2 yrs old and very intellegent, but all he wants to do when he is here is watch tv. If i turn it off he cries- if I put any demand on him he cries...and so on.... I have discussed this with his mother and it has been going on for almost 3 weeks- the parents and I have talked about it and the just think he needs to be with a group of kids- like a daycare. So- we have agreed to do what's best for the kids and I have them for 2 more weeks. :( It is very sad to me for many of reasons---some: i have growm attached to the kids and it will be sad to see them go. plus, they are my job- my paycheck! But i guess things happen for a reason... now i can put more of my time into Zander and get our life in order and see what is going on with him. So for now I will have Natalie (the other little girl I watch) she will come 1 day a week.
Hopefully I can go find some sort of pt job 2-3 nights a week until possibly the summer. I am taking a State test for a great postion. The test is in March---I hope I do well on it- it is a decent job and great pay. I dont see them hiring immediately (it's the State- nothing ever moves fast w/ them) the test is at the end of March and even if I do qualify- it probably wont happen until May or June at the earliest. Lets hope I get in - fingers crossed and say a prayer. If that happened- it would be so good, because I can get Zander into his school and then the wraparound program and both Gordo & I can work day shifts and it will just be great----wishful thinking! (hopefully becomes real thinking!)
Oh and another thing.... I booked our family vacation...I can't wait! I found this all inclusive resort in VT- so we can drive there (so much easier then flying w/ Zander.) They offer a day program for the kids. It has different age groups and stuff to do for the children all day long- they take them everyday from 8:30 am - 1:30pm and then again at 5:30pm - 8:30pm. That way the parents have some time to do Adult things and also to have dinner just as Adults. The kids program will provide all meals for the kids or you can have breakfast as a family and then have a picnic lunch too. It's a family resort so it offers stuff to do for everyone--- that is so what we need- for all of us. If this sounds like something you are interested in- let me know and I'll get you the info. The best thing (that I just found out- after we booked the trip)is that I was talking to Zander's speech therapist and told her where we were going- she highly recommened it and said that it would be great for Zander...plus she said that she has family that work there for the kids program (I guess her cousin is a school teacher and she works the kids program in the summer) - it was just comforting to know that there will be people there to help out Zander if there is an issue and we can't get to him immediatlely. I can not wait until June- that is when we are going. They offer 3/4 /5 & 7 day weeks. It's only a 7 day week for the peak season starting in mid Jun to first week of Sept-- we wanted to do less of a week so we could check it out first and see if it's something we will enjoy; so we booked before peak season for 4 days/ 3 nights. Everything is included (except alcohol- but you can bring your own or buy at the bar)...so we can eat all we want and play with all the water/land sports (kyaking/ paddle boating/ swimming/ biking/ tennis/ picnic/ playground....)and also enjoy alone and family time because daycare is included. if you want to go out after 8:30pm w/ out the kids you can hire a nanny for the evening- it your average cost per hour ($7-$10 pr hr)but i guess it is worth it just to get the entire evening out with some adults. Once again- I CAN'T WAIT!

Wow- i guess i have alot to say today...hope you had fun reading---keep following, I'm sure I will have alot more to say--mainly because I will have appts this week and I will keep you all updated about Zander ....

No comments: