Hi to all- just wanted to chit chat alittle bit about this job that kind of fell into my lap. i always start the begining of my thought- so here goes.....
So Zander starts preschool on March 2nd and I also don't have my ft kids anymore- so Gordo & I thought i should start to look for a job (i know the economy sucks right now---but looking can't kill ya!) i figured that once Zander started school and got into a routine i would go out there and begin my search. Well over the weekend a particular job was brought to my attention and i decided to check into it on Monday morning. I just wanted to see what it was about (job description)and the hours and ft/pt? and pay rate....all that sort of stuff. I called about it and was actually asked to come in and sit down with them to discuss more. I went to the interview and realized that i was very interested in this postion. BUT- I have alot to get situated before hand. first of all Zander doesnt have daycare- i would need to find that. I also needed to try to get his school transportation taking care of, and I have appoinments and stuff that would get in the way of a work day---- i also would have to work some weekends---and that may be tough on finding daycare for Saturdays-but i think i could handle it. So after i got home from the interview i started making calls to get daycare in order and that sort of stuff. Beleive it or not- it has been less then 24 hrs and i think i got it all in order- but i feel so unprofessional. i feel aweful when i had to tell the boss that i have preplanned days that i NEED off. it just makes you look bad from the begining, i will try to rearrange my schudle as best as i could but there are just some days that i cant change. i have a HUGE Dr's evaluation appt for Zander- it took us 7 months to get (so i am not changing that date) and we planned our vacation(which i paid for in full- yay!)- so i called and we went over mostly everything and then i had to talk about these particular days and i just felt like an idiot- i hope they dont think i am always wanting days off- it seriously is just the timing right now. I mean the whole reason we are taking a good vacation this year is because we haven't had a vaca in a few years---i usually dont request that much time off.
I orginally wasn't going to look for a job until probably April or May, but like i said- this just kind of fell into my lap. and with everything going on- the timing sucks- but i really dont want to lose this oppurtunity- so i am hoping i can just get past these next few weeks and then they will realize how good of a worker i can be...i mean god- i just busted my ass trying to get this to work out for me, hopefully that should say something!
So- all in all, i am now waiting on a phone call to set up a time to meet w/Linda (i think she's the VP) and then we go from there. I am just really hoping that i just didn't go through all this just to find out that she doesnt think that i am the right person for the job. :( i would be heart broken. Hopefully - it goes smoothly!!! I'll keep you informed.
p.s. i will also inform everyone on how Zander's 1st days at school are---we are so excited! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment